When the induction furnace is working, there will be accidents such as splashing due to moisture on the crucible wall. Hidden hidden dangers for the personal safety of operators.
How to avoid similar dangers from happening? Preheating is a simple method, and today we will introduce it to you.
The first is the preheating process.
1. When using an induction furnace, preheat the crucible to about 200°C for 30 minutes without adding material, and dry it for 60 minutes. This is to allow the surface moisture of the crucible to volatilize and prevent bursting in the initial stage of use.
2. After preheating, the crucible should be heated to 900℃-1000℃ (about 2 hours) as soon as possible, keep the temperature for 20-30 minutes, and then return to the temperature when the metal needs to be smelted. This is done so that the crucible can quickly pass through temperature areas prone to oxidation.
3. After each preheating, it is only necessary to keep the electric furnace running. Unless the furnace is stopped or the crucible is damped again, there is no need to preheat again.
There are also some inspection notes.
1. Check the bottom and inner wall of the crucible. If any dents and cracks are found, repair them in time.
2. Check the furnace top, furnace nozzle and furnace cover. If loose, pay attention to trimming and tightening.
3. Check the induction coil. If iron filings and other debris are found on it, remove it immediately.
4. Check the connecting bolts, and if they are found to be loose and fall off, they should be filled up and tightened in time.
5. Check the water-cooled circulation system, focusing on the water-cooled cable, to ensure that the water supply is smooth and there is no leakage.
6. Check the mechanical overturning device of the furnace body, which is very important for safe production. If any fault is found, remove it in time.
If we do not pay attention to these details when using the electric furnace, it may cause production accidents.
Welcome to Luoyang Judian, let us solve more problems about induction furnace for you.