When the induction furnace is working, there will be accidents such as splashing due to moisture on the crucible wall. It is dangerous for the personal safety of operators.
How to avoid similar dangers from happening? Preheating is a simple method, and today we will introduce it to you.
1. When using an induction furnace, preheat the crucible to about 200°C for 30 minutes without adding material, and dry it for 60 minutes. This is to allow the surface moisture of the crucible to volatilize and prevent bursting in the initial stage of use.
2. After preheating, the temperature of the crucible reaches 900℃-1000℃ (about 2 hours) as soon as possible. Keep the temperature for 20-30 minutes, and then return to the temperature of the metal melting point. This is done so the crucible can quickly pass through temperature areas prone to oxidation.
3. After each preheating, keeping the electric furnace running is only necessary. Unless the furnace is stopped or the crucible is damped again, there is no need to preheat again.
1. Check the bottom and inner wall of the crucible. Fix any dents and cracks in time if find some.
2. Check the furnace top, furnace nozzle, and furnace cover. If loose, pay attention to trimming and tightening.
3. Check the induction coil. If iron filings and other debris are found on it, remove it immediately.
4. Check the connecting bolts, and if they are found to be loose and fall off, they should be filled up and tightened in time.
5. Check the water-cooled circulation system, focusing on the water-cooled cable, to ensure that the water supply is smooth and there is no leakage.
6. Check the mechanical overturning device of the furnace body, which is very important for safe production. If any fault is found, remove it in time.
If we do not pay attention to these details when using the electric furnace, it may cause production accidents.
Welcome to Luoyang Judian, let us solve more problems with induction furnaces for you.
Heating temperature is between 200-1400 degrees.
Induction billet furnaces can heat billets to temperatures ranging from room temperature to over 1200°C.
After the Slab is pulled out from the continuous casting machine,Surface temperature is 750 ~ 850℃.
Induction online heating of large steel pipes is widely used in the heat treatment of various high alloy steel pipes required in oil drilling, geological drilling, coal mining, infrastructure exploration and other fields.