Are you looking for an electric induction furnace for your steel plant or aluminum casting line? This article will share all you want to know about the furnace with you. Please see the questions you may be interested in listed below.
How much electricity does an electric induction furnace take to melt steel?
How to select a proper electric induction furnace manufacturer?
An electric induction furnace is induction heating equipment with the highest heating efficiency and the fastest speed for metal materials, low consumption, energy saving, and environmental protection. Induction furnaces, also known as high-frequency heating machines, high-frequency induction heating equipment, high-frequency induction heating device, high-frequency heating power supply, high-frequency power supply, and high-frequency electric furnaces. In addition, there are intermediate-frequency induction heating equipment, ultra-high frequency induction heating equipment, etc. Electric induction furnaces are used in a wide range of applications.
Electric induction furnaces can be divided into high-frequency furnaces, intermediate-frequency furnaces, and power frequency furnaces according to the power frequency; according to the purpose of the process, they can be divided into melting furnaces, heating furnaces, heat treatment equipment, and welding equipment, etc.; according to their structure and transmission mode, they can also be sort. Commonly used induction furnaces are traditionally classified into heart induction melting furnaces, centerless induction melting furnaces, vacuum induction melting furnaces, induction hardening equipment, and induction head heating equipment.
The electric induction furnace whose outer layer is made of copper coils will generate a magnetic field with high-frequency changes in polarity after being connected to an intermediate frequency or high-frequency alternating current. When the induced magnetic field acts on the metal placed in the induction furnace, an eddy current effect will be generated inside the metal. Since the metal has electrical resistance, it generates a lot of heat, causing it to heat itself until it melts.
1. Various models, capacity 0.1T-20T, fast melting speed, 40-60 minutes/pot. Temperature can reach 1,700 degrees and is controllable.
2. The equipment has a self-test function, and real-time detection of water temperature, water pressure, over-current, over-voltage, and lack of phase information.
3. The equipment has a leaking alarm device, a smelting management system, and plc control. The design is reasonable and the furnace is easy to operate.
4. The control cabinet modular installation and control lines of the electric cabinet are all made according to the standard of the automobile line, which is easy to maintain and has few easily broken parts.
5. Compared with other heating methods, the electric induction furnace can effectively reduce energy consumption.
6. The whole process of production is without any pollution. So, it is environmentally friendly.
1. Heat treatment: partial or overall quenching, annealing, tempering, and diathermy of various metals;
2. Thermoforming: whole piece forging, partial forging, hot heading, hot rolling;
3. Welding: brazing of various metal products, welding of various knife blades and saw blades, welding of steel pipes and copper pipes, welding of the same and different metals;
4. Metal smelting: (vacuum) smelting, casting molding, and evaporation coating of gold, silver, copper, iron, aluminum, and other metals.
For melting different metals, the energy consumption varies. In addition, it differs in the capacity of the furnaces. Let’s take the 1-ton furnace as an example.
|Materials to melt||Power Consumption(degrees/ton)|
When selecting an induction melting furnace manufacturer, we need to identify the following four aspects.
Luoyang Judian is established in 2012 and we have more than twenty years of manufacturing electric induction furnaces. We have passed the ISO9001, CE product certification. The workers have undergone rigorous training, and the production process is strictly in accordance with the production process. Our factory equipment has been strictly tested before shipment.
Heating temperature is between 200-1400 degrees.
Induction billet furnaces can heat billets to temperatures ranging from room temperature to over 1200°C.
After the Slab is pulled out from the continuous casting machine,Surface temperature is 750 ~ 850℃.
Induction online heating of large steel pipes is widely used in the heat treatment of various high alloy steel pipes required in oil drilling, geological drilling, coal mining, infrastructure exploration and other fields.